Melia thinks

Friday, July 16, 2004

My First Day Of Work

Today was my first day at the child care centre...am so so tired now....but my head is so full of thoughts about the day i just had, a headful of mixed emotions and feelings about my experience today.
I must admit that it was better than i thought it would be, my colleagues are pretty ok, i guess i would have to get to know them better, but am still struggling to adjust to the way they communicate and just the way they are, we are just so different...sigh. And apart from that, i was in a constant blur the whole day, i think i was the only blur blur one, cos the rest were all in childcare for many years. But the day did get better when i actually got to interact with the kids and as there was an Open Day today as well.
But there is more to just playing with them, reaching out to them and having them play with you is a skill! Not easy, have to decide when and how to approach them, so that they won't run away from you!
There was this cute little girl with the same name...she was so so cute...but ignore me i'm biased!
All in all, i just really thank God for being with me and arranging for things to be the way they were today...i still need time to adjust though...Lord give me strength and courage...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home