Melia thinks

Sunday, January 23, 2005

You take me!

My fav kid, Benji...has started to speak in whole sentences now, gone are the half words he usually uses..."you take me" is something he frequently says when he wants to be picked up. "I want mummy daddy" is another one. Interestingly enough he has also learnt to direct and command others to do things. We have a intercom system within our centre, so if you want to come into the centre you have to buzz an intercom system first, identify yourself then you can come in. So my little Benji says to mum and his sister (whom he calls "B", her name is Belinda), "B press, me talk mummy push", what a cute kid he is!
We have got a new korean kid in our room, and he has only been to Sydney a few weeks now. He know absolutely NO english...and he cries alot cos he probably doesn't understand anything we say. BUT he is super cute too...very korean looking. One day as he was watching me change the kids' nappies he started saying something in Korean...so i replied him in pseudo korean (i.e making korean sounding noises) and he seemed to think that i actually knew how to speak in Korean too...after that he was alot calmer and happier...my other colleagues have started using this "technique" on him too! amazing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home